Dental Bonding in Coral Springs
Dental tooth bonding is a procedure that we use to correct and restore teeth which are either damaged, decayed or unsightly in their appearance. It’s a relatively simple process which involves applying a tooth-colored resin to the teeth and hardening it with a special light so that it bonds for a long-lasting finish. Restoring both color and shape, it’s a quick and convenient method of totally transforming your smile for the better.
You may want to consider dental tooth bonding for a variety of conditions, including:
- Decayed teeth
- Gapped teeth
- Teeth that look too short
- Chipped and cracked teeth
- Discolored teeth
- To change the shape of a tooth/teeth
- As a cosmetic alternative to silver amalgam fillings
- Protection of an exposed tooth root due to gums having receded
Schedule a Consultation
Ph: (954) 510-4300
Address: 4651 N. State Road Suite #4, Coral Springs, FL 33067
How the Bonding Procedure Works
With dental bonding, you can restore your smile during your lunch break since each tooth only takes 30-60 minutes and can be completed in a single visit. The procedure is carried out in just four easy steps:
- A shade of composite resin is chosen to closely match your own teeth to give a look that is as natural as possible
- The surface of the tooth is roughened, and a special liquid applied to help the resin bond to your tooth
- The putty-like resin is then applied to the tooth and molded and smoothed to the desired shape before being hardened using an ultra-violet light
- Once hardened, the resin is further trimmed and shaped after which it is polished to match the remainder of your teeth.
Benefits of Tooth Bonding
- Requires very little advance preparation
- Often, anesthetic is not required (unless it involves a cavity)
- Color-matched resin for a natural, seamless finish
- Not as expensive as crowns, and veneers and can usually be completed in a single office visit
Less tooth enamel is removed than with veneers and crowns
Caring for Bonded Teeth
The good thing about bonding is that it requires no special care, and normally a good level of oral hygiene is all that’s required. Provided you brush your teeth twice a day, floss at least once a day, and visit us on a regular basis for a professional cleaning and checkup, then you can expect your bonded teeth to last for anywhere from three to ten years.
If you’re interested in dental tooth bonding, give us a call today at (954) 510-4300 to schedule your appointment.
Request an Appointment
Monday – Friday: 8:00am – 5:00pm
Saturdays: By Appointments