Laser Dentistry in Coral Springs
Dr. Luis Gomez has made a commitment to your health by the use of the lasers offering you the opportunity to have a safe, anxiety-free dental experience, without drills and scalpels, and in most cases, without anesthesia.
Laser – Painless Dentistry
Laser Dentistry uses a beam of light to bring energy into your mouth through a tiny fiber optic to remove areas of infection and gum disease around the teeth with great precision and accuracy. Dental laser surgery reduces the need for local anesthesia, bleeding is minimized, swelling is controlled, and there is usually little, if any, post-operative discomfort.
Procedures Performed with Laser Therapy
- Surgical and dental procedures: The laser acts as a cutting instrument or a vaporizer of tissue that it comes in contact with.
- Gum disease: When lasers are used during periodontal therapy, there is less bleeding, swelling and discomfort to the patient when cleaning and removing diseased tissue. Scalpels and stitches are often completely unnecessary, resulting in quick and comfortable healing.
- Tooth decay: Lasers are used to remove decay within a tooth and prepare the surrounding enamel for receipt of the filling. Lasers are also used to “cure” or harden a filling.
- Teeth Whitening: The laser acts as a heat source and enhances the effect of tooth bleaching agents.
- Cosmetic purposes: We can use the laser to simplify a variety of oral corrections that may be requested including evening gum lines and reducing the length of the gum line. Teeth that appear small or short can be “lengthened” by recontouring the gum line using the laser. This procedure is used to create a perfect, harmonious gum line in relation to the lips and teeth.
- Biopsy or lesion removal: Lasers can be used to remove a small piece of tissue (called a biopsy) so that it can be examined for cancer. Lasers can also be used to remove lesions in the mouth and relieve the pain of canker sores.
Schedule a Consultation
Ph: (954) 280-0387
Address: 4651 N. State Road Suite #4, Coral Springs, FL 33067
Benefits of Laser Therapy
Traditional surgical techniques are effective, but new surgical techniques utilizing lasers offer some advantages:
- Less pain and discomfort
- Faster recovery
- Sterilization of unhealthy tissue and bacteria
- Stimulation of the cells to help regenerate damaged areas faster
- Reduction in bone loss
- Reduced chances of a recurrence
- Less time in the dental chair
- Reduced risk of infection
Contact us (954) 280-0387 today to schedule a free consultation.
Request an Appointment
Monday – Friday: 8:00am – 5:00pm
Saturdays: By Appointments