Dental Implants – A Permanent And Versatile Approach To Tooth Replacement
Most of us take our teeth for granted but it’s not until we lose a tooth or multiple teeth that we realize how important they actually are. Yes, missing teeth make your smile look unattractive, but more importantly, it can affect your speech and chewing capabilities, and have disastrous effects on your dental health too. So, what’s the answer? – dental implants!
Dental implants are without doubt one of the most exciting and effective long-term tooth replacement methods in the dental industry, and not without good reason. Not only can they be used to replace one, two, or more teeth, but they can also be used to support multiple teeth with a dental bridge, and secure dentures to stop them from moving around in your mouth. When carried out by an expert, this highly successful technique can totally transform a person’s quality of life for the better.
Let’s look at the many benefits that dental implants have to offer:
- Natural appearance – Dental implants are placed into your jawbone and fuse with the bone to become a permanent fixture in the mouth. Topped with an attractive color-matched crown, they not only look natural, but feel, and function like your real teeth.
- Comfortable – Because implants are secured into the jawbone, they feel like part of you and are so comfortable, you’ll forget all about them.
- Durable – Implants are made from titanium and porcelain, both of which are extremely durable. Cared for properly, implants have been known to last for forty years.
- Retains facial structure – Once teeth are lost the bone which held them in place starts to waste away and this causes the jaw to sag and sunken hollows to appear in the cheeks. Because implants are inserted into the jawbone and replace the tooth root, they prevent any further bone loss from occurring, retaining the facial contours.
- Improved diet – Thanks to teeth which no longer move around, implant patients can bite and chew their food easier and can enjoy crunchy vegetables and fruit, as well as nuts and lean meat.
- Self-supporting – Dental implants are a stand-alone treatment which don’t require other teeth to be modified, weakening them and leaving them susceptible to decay and tooth loss, as in the case of conventional dental bridges. This improves your long-term oral health.
- Improved confidence – Dentures that don’t fit properly can slide and slip, often making the wearer mumble or slurring their speech. Implants give a person the confidence to smile, talk, and laugh without fear of their dentures moving.
Keeps your teeth in your mouth – Unlike conventional dentures which are removed at night and left to soak in a glass, dental implants let you keep your teeth where they should be – in your mouth!
If you’d like to learn more about dental implants and find out if they’re suitable for you, call us today. You can reach us at (954) 510-4300. We look forward to meeting you.
Request an Appointment
Monday – Friday: 8:00am – 5:00pm
Saturdays: By Appointments